Build your Career in the Global Sports Industry
50 Advanced Certificate in Management Practice scholarships available £2000 per participant
This practically orientated leadership development programme is specifically heard towards equipping participants with the appropriate knowledge and skills to enable them to develop their existing leadership potential and to carve out a sustainable business or career in the growing global sports industry.
Funded by the Department for Employment and Learning (DEL), commissioned by Sport ConneX and SkillsActive, and delivered by the Ulster Business School, this tailor-made course will run from September 2014 to March 2015 at the University of Ulster, Jordanstown.
Comprising facilitated workshops, sector specific inspirational speakers, best practice visits, and real life/work based assignments.
Participants will be provided with opportunities to acquire and develop a range of personal and interpersonal competencies to help them innovate & compete successfully in the lucrative & rapidly growing global sports industry.
- Attend 1 day programme induction and 6 facilitated workshops
- Participate in Dragons Den presentation day Undertake independent studying
- Build your career in the growing sports industry Gain an accredited management qualification
- Expand your networks & be inspired by sports industry experts
- Develop and manage a new and exciting business idea
- Be an entrepreneur
- Be employed in the Sport or Life & Health Sciences industry
- Be a talented athlete
- or be an unemployed graduate from a STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), Life and Health Sciences, or Sport disciplines
Assessment is assignment based, with successful completion leading to the award of Advanced Certificate in Management Practice.
The Programme Cost
The programme cost is supported through a scholarship up to the
value of £2000 from the Department for Employment and Learning (DEL).
Places will be awarded on first come first served basis, subject to eligibility criteria being met.
If you require further information, please email Janetter Sheerman (Programme Director) at [email protected]
or visit www.business.ulster.ac.uk/businst/courses/SportConnex/ and complete the expression of interest form.
Expression of Interest deadline is Monday 11 August, 2014.