Camogie Association seeks Youth Development Co-ordinator
Reporting to the Technical Development and Participation Manager, the key purpose of the Youth Development Co-ordinator is to develop, manage and support initiatives that support young people’s development, involvement and pathway within the sport. This involvement includes playing, refereeing, coaching and administrative aspects in the sport.
The Association have a National Development Plan “Our Sport Our Future 2016-2019” and a Player Pathway.
This post has a key role to achieve the objectives and targets outlined in these.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and oversee the implementation and facilitation of a co-ordinated programme of youth development activities and events within Camogie.
- Co-ordinate and support the roll out of underage County Development Academy initiatives.
- Lead and roll out other national programmes and initiatives under the Camogie Association’s National Development Plan.
- Ensure that Camogie-led youth development programmes and initiatives keep pace with changing standards and best practice.
- Act as the national Camogie lead for youth related initiatives with the GAA including Féile na nGael, Cul Camps and GAA Youth Forum.
- Liaise with relevant Ard Chomhairle committees and Units as appropriate.
- Supervise and support interns, work placements and occasional contract work.
- Represent the Association.
- Support designated counties.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Ard Stiúrthóir.
Person Specification: Essential Criteria
- At least 2-3 years’ experience (paid) of working in a development role in sport, community development, youth work or other relevant area.
- An appropriate third level education qualification in, Youth Development and Education or Administration or Sports Science.
- Extensive experience of project management.
- Experience of using empowerment strategies and practice including consultative methods, group work and facilitation.
- Experience of working with volunteers, children and young people.
- Dynamic self-starter with a proven ability to work independently and to network.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, proven ability to work and develop relationships to achieve targets.
- A high level of proven organisational ability and excellent communication/presentation skills (verbal and written).
- The post holder will be required to have a clean full driving licence and the appointment will be subject to Garda/Access NI vetting clearance.
- Knowledge of coach education structures in Gaelic Games, particularly Camogie.
- Involvement in hurling/camogie.
- Undertaking and interpreting research.
Terms and Conditions
- The post will be based in the Camogie Association’s offices in either Armagh, Ballyhaunis, Portlaoise and Athlone.
- The appointment will be a permanent position with a 9-month probation.
- Employees are required to work 39 hours a week. The Youth Development Co-ordinator will be required to work unsocial hours including weekends. From time to time travel will also be required.
- The successful applicant must have a clean driving licence; her/his own transport and will be required to comply with Garda / Access NI vetting clearance in advance of taking up the position.
- Remuneration will be subject to annual review as outlined in the Association’s Employee Handbook. The remuneration for this appointment will be attached to a salary scale ranging from €31,400 – €36,700 with appointment usually commencing on the first point of the scale.
- Expenses such as travel, overnight accommodation where required and other allowable expenditure will also be paid.
- The Association will make a matching contribution of either 3% – 7% pension subject to employee contribution.
- Annual leave entitlement of 23 days per annum. In addition, there is additional annual paid leave in the period Christmas Eve/New Year.
- A time in lieu facility (TOIL) for work in excess of weekly contracted hours.
- Study leave.
- Travel (bike to work scheme/tax saver commuter tickets).
A staff member’s job description forms part of her/his contract of employment. The roles and responsibilities of staff may change subject to the business needs of the Association, in consultation with the staff concerned.
To apply for this role please download and complete the Confidential Application Form and return it to [email protected] or by post to: Technical Development and Participation Officer, Camogie Association, Croke Park, Dublin 3 (Postal applications should mark ‘private confidential’ on the envelope)
The closing date for applications is Friday April 13th, 2018 at 5.00pm
Late applications will not be accepted.