Consultation on Sport Northern Ireland Draft Corporate Plan for 2020 to 2025
Information Note: It’s time for the general public to hear and have their say in the Sport Northern Ireland Draft Corporate Plan for 2020 to 2025
- Sport NI announce general public consultation sessions
- Governing bodies of sport and umbrella bodies will have their say in December 2020 at a separate sessions, date to be confirmed.
- Dates and further information for the general public consultation sessions can be found: https://bit.ly/3pdHrJE
- Tickets to the general public sessions can be found here: https://bit.ly/32eQgZE
Sport NI value the views and opinions from everyone across Northern Ireland; sport plays a huge role in the lives of many, and has especially played a crucial role in communities across Northern Ireland during these disruptive and uncertain times with Covid-19. In this wave of consultation sessions, it’s time for the public to hear and voice their opinions on the Sport NI Draft Corporate Plan for 2020 to 2025.
Sport NI are holding general public consultation sessions, virtually, for council areas across Northern Ireland throughout the next three months. It is free to get involved in a consultation session for your area, and have your say in developing the Corporate Plan for Sport from 2020 to 2025.
Sport NI welcome anyone from the general public, from all community backgrounds, to book their place and attend one of our virtual general public consultation sessions. The general public consultation sessions are organised by date, and split into council areas, these sessions can be seen below:
- November 13th – Belfast City Council
- November 16th – Antrim & Newtownabbey
- November 20th – Ards & North Down
- November 24th – Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon
- November 25th – Causeway Coast & Glens
- November 27th – Derry City & Strabane
- December 8th – Belfast City Council #2
- December 14th – Lisburn & Castlereagh
- December 16th – Fermanagh & Omagh
- January 6th – Newry Mourne & Down
- January 7th – Mid & East Antrim Borough Council
- January 11th – Mid Ulster District Council
Each session will commence at 6.30pm and last for around 2 hours. Each consultation session will have smaller break-out sessions, these will take place after the main sessions to allow for more detailed discussions in smaller groups. You can book general public sessions here: https://bit.ly/32eQgZE.
Please note, this is an online event and Zoom login details will be emailed to the account you register with prior to your selected date.
Also, please note, the scheduled consultations are aimed at members of the general public only. Additional sessions will be held for the following groups:
- Governing bodies of sport and umbrella bodies – December 2020
- Education authorities and providers – December 2020- January 2021
- Health sector – December 2020-January 2021
- Councils – December 2020-January 2021
- Community sports organisations – December 2020-January 2021
- Under-represented and Section 75 representative groups – December 2020–February 2021
The dates of the sessions will be communicated to these groups in due course.
Sessions will be booked on a first come basis, it is advised that you book your session as soon as possible: https://bit.ly/32eQgZE. However, if your selected council area date is full, please email [email protected] and Sport NI can include you in a mop up session which will take place in late January 2021.
If you require any additional assistance for:
- Visual impairments – audio, audio description, Braille, Moon, telephone;
- Learning disabilities and literacy difficulties – audio, audio description, easy read, easy access, Makaton, subtitles;
- Hearing – British Sign Language, Makaton, subtitling, textphone, SMS;
- Co-ordination difficulties – large print, audio, audio description, telephone.
Please contact [email protected] to discuss how Sport NI can cater a session around your needs.
- Consultation sessions are available only to those inside the specified council area.
- Those interested in attending should select one session only.
- Sessions can be booked online via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sport-ni-corporate-plan-2020-25-consultation-tickets-126068427059
- Further information and any updates can be found: http://www.sportni.net/corporate-plan-2020-2025/
- For any communications queries please contact [email protected] or Ali Campbell, Executive Unit Manager on 07703328346
- Please contact [email protected] to discuss inclusive options for the sessions.
- If a selected council area date is full, please email [email protected].