PLAYER DEVELOPMENT MANAGER- RUGBY PLAYERS IRELAND
Rugby Players Ireland is a non-profit making organisation which aims to promote and protect the welfare of our members by endeavouring to safeguard their futures both on and off the pitch. Rugby Players Ireland, in conjunction with the Irish Rugby Football Union, wishes to invite applications for maternity leave cover for ‘Player Development Manager’ for a period of 9 months from mid-July 2017.
The aim of the Player Development Programme (PDP) is to assist players in achieving a sport/life balance during their careers and ultimately to make the transition out of professional rugby as smooth as possible. The successful candidates will be required to deliver one to one coaching sessions covering a range of personal and professional development areas and achieve set targets of the PDP, under the following pillars:
- Career coaching, advice and guidance
- Education, training and skills
- Player image, brand awareness and social engagement
- Financial planning and management
- Management of specific welfare and support programmes
The Player Development Manager will be required to develop and maintain close working relationships with players and provincial team management. They will be required to liaise closely with Player Development Managers in the other provinces and provide regular progress reports to Rugby Players Ireland’s CEO.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in delivering or being involved in a professional or elite player programmes, preferably within a service or support environment.
- Have experience in developing and delivering individualised programmes to players.
- Be an excellent communicator/ presenter with the ability to build close relationships with stakeholders and have experience working in with interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Have excellent organisational skills and be highly motivated.
- Preferably have knowledge of local business networks, education and training institutions.
- Have knowledge or experience in the area of career planning, including the use of psychometric assessment tools, CV development and goal-setting.
- Be educated to degree level preferably in a discipline related to the role.
- Preferably have experience and knowledge in some of the following areas: learning and development programmes, outplacement and recruitment, knowledge of education courses and training providers, knowledge of employee welfare and general well-being.
- Preferably have a background in sport and an understanding of elite athletes’ needs and requirements.
This is a unique career opportunity to within a high-performance environment with elite players. Rugby Players Ireland will continue to support the success of our players by ensuring their welfare is paramount. This key role will play an important part in providing that support. Applicants should note that the Player Development Manager will be expected to be based in Belfast.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 21st June 2017.
Applicants should forward a CV and a cover letter of no more than one page, in confidence to:
Acting Chief Executive
Rugby Players Ireland
Rugby Players Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.