Sport NI Coaching, Officiating and Volunteering Awards 2017
About the Awards
The Sport Northern Ireland Coaching, Officiating and Volunteering (COV) Awards recognise the outstanding contribution of coaches, officials, volunteers and coaching organisations over the previous 12 months and the role they play in encouraging people to enjoy, engage and excel in sport.
Nominations can be made across seven award categories for coaches, two award categories for officials, two award categories for volunteers and one category for awards in support of coaching.
Awards for Coaches
- Children’s Coach of the Year
- Community Coach of the Year
- Young Coach of the Year
- Disability Coach of the Year
- Talent Development Coach of the Year
- Club Performance Coach of the Year
- High Performance Coach of the Year
Awards for Officials
- Technical Official of the Year
- Young Technical Official of the Year
Awards for Volunteers
- Volunteer of the Year
- Young Volunteer of the Year
Awards in Support of Coaching
- Coaching Project of the Year
In addition, the Sport Northern Ireland REACH Award will be presented for the second time in 2017 to recognise the outstanding contribution of a female coach. Further information on the National REACH into Coaching Campaign can be found at www.reachintocoaching.co.uk To be eligible for this award, a coach must be nominated in one of the seven categories for coaches, as outlined above.
Submitting a Nomination
The guidance and support document provides further information on each of the award categories and deadlines for nominations, together with key evidence the judging panel will look for when making decisions.
Please read this carefully before submitting your nomination via the online process through the links below:
To save your nomination at any point during the process, please complete the following:
- Click on the ‘save’ button at the end of the form.
- Remember to check your email address is correct when prompted for this.
- A link to your saved nomination form will then be sent to the email address provided.
Once you are content with the information that you have provided, please remember to:
- Click the ‘submit’ button at the end of the form to complete the nomination process.
- A note will then appear on screen to ‘thank you for completing our survey’.
Sport Northern Ireland will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your nomination at the earliest opportunity but should you have any queries or concerns, please contact a member of the Coaching Team at 02890 381222.
Please note the deadline for nominations in all categories is Friday 7th July 2017.