Table Tennis Ulster seek Honorary Treasurer
Table Tennis Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of Table Tennis in Ireland and is responsible for the management and overall development of all areas of the sport, throughout the island. Table Tennis Ulster is one of the four affiliated Branches which looks after the sport at regional and local level.
The Irish Table Tennis Association Ltd. T/A Table Tennis Ireland was formed in 1937 and was incorporated as a company limited by guarantee in 1987.
The objectives of the Association are to promote, foster and regulate table tennis in Ireland, in every legitimate way; to hold competitions; and to arrange representative matches.
Table Tennis Ulster is looking to fill the position of Honorary Treasurer and would welcome applications (in the form of a CV and cover letter) from suitably qualified individuals who feel that this opportunity would be of interest to them.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Main purpose of this post is to:
- Oversee and account for expenditure and income of governing body
- To draw up monthly accounts and annual budgets in line with best practice, and in compliance with the governing document and legal requirements
2 Responsible to the Executive Committee of Table Tennis Ulster:
3 Responsible for the financial accountability and probity of the governing body
4 The post is elected on a bi- annual basis, normally for a maximum of 4 years
5 The duties that are involved in the job are:
- Chairing the Finance and Marketing Committee
- Maintaining accounts and presenting the financial overview to the committee
- Liaising with auditors and presenting accounts at the AGM
- Ensuring that appropriate financial policies are in place
- Liaising with bank on credit limits, bank accounts, etc.
- Liaising with Sport NI over grant claims and payments
- Authorising and issuing payments by cheque, through the BACS system, etc.
- Ensuring all invoices are vetted and actioned as appropriate
- Drawing the Committee’s attention to financial areas of concern promptly and overseeing the Associations’s financial risk-management process
- Proposing delegated authorities of Committees in line with budgets and authority levels for payments
- Proposing the use or investment of surplus funds and the level of reserves to be held
- Liaising with the Technical Committee to propose levels of subscription and levies
- Liaising, where applicable, with the appropriate member of staff responsible for the financial activities of the organisation
- Overlooking the raising of funds
- The post holder should ideally have
- A sound knowledge of accounting and auditing
- A working knowledge of the sport
- A good working knowledge of banking systems
- Good interpersonal skills
We anticipate that the role may require up 6 hours’ in terms of time commitment per week, based on the current levels of activity in the Branch. Flexibility with hours is necessary as liaison with staff may be required occasionally during the working day as well as monthly Executive Meetings once a month in the evening.
Please submit your application (CV and a cover letter) in writing to Jill Little, HR Adviser, Table Tennis Ulster, 2a Upper Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 5LA or email it to[email protected] marked for the attention of Jill Little.