NISF seek Commercial and PR & Marketing Directors
The Northern Ireland Sports Forum is a voluntary association whose membership consists of 66 Governing Bodies of Sport, 20 Associate Members and 15 Individual Members with an interest in sport and physical recreation.
We are the recognised umbrella organisation for the voluntary sector of sport and physical recreation in Northern Ireland and act as the “Independent Voice of Voluntary Sport in Northern Ireland”. NISF is a charitable company and provides secretariat to the All Party Group on Sport and Physical Recreation at Stormont. The NISF also provides administrative support to the Female Sports Forum which is a subcommittee of the Forum.
NISF is in the process of launching a new Strategic Plan which will run until 2022. As part of the development of this strategic plan, NISF have recognised the need to appoint directors with skills in the following areas:
- Commercial Development
- PR & Marketing
No prior experience of sport and physical recreation is required. However, knowledge or experience within the sector would be an advantage.
The Director roles are voluntary, although reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be refunded.
The appointees will serve until the AGM in late 2020. The NISF Board will meet six times per year with directors also having a role within subcommittees relevant to their skill sets.
The successful candidates will bring their skills and experience in their field to provide direction to the Board and support and guidance to the staff team.
• ability to contribute to strategic thinking and direction;
• ability to listen, communicate and influence effectively;
• ability to build effective relationships and work effectively as part of a team;
• an understanding of the environment within which the NISF works
• analytical capacity, intellectual flexibility and sound judgment;
• Ensuring that the independence of the NISF is maintained
• capacity and skill to understand the functions of the NISF, priorities of NISF stakeholders and an ability to inspire confidence and support amongst key NISF stakeholders;
Further information on the Northern Ireland Sports Forum can be found on our website (www.nisf.net)
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to informal interviews, which will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
To discuss the roles prior to application: contact the Executive Manager at [email protected]
To apply: send an email with a cover letter along with a CV and return to [email protected] on or before the Friday 12th January