Job Title: Coarse Angling Club Development Officer
Salary Range: £30,000 – £32,000
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2024 with possibility of extension subject to performance and funding availability.
The Coarse Angling Club Development Officer will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of programmes and initiatives aimed at supporting and enabling accessible and sustainable participation opportunities through angling clubs.
The officer will lead the development of growth of clubs to increase participation in coarse and predator angling sport working towards the following long-term goals of the NCFFI.
- To have achieved recognition of angling as a fully inclusive sporting and leisure outdoor activity. A sustainable outdoor pursuit with a trusted development programme (Angler Skills) that all schools and groups want to include in their programmes.
- To grow an angling community from junior roots to a lifetime passion in angling sport as we continue to encourage and enhance participation through promotion of the benefits of club enrolment.
- To have removed all barriers to participation to retain a community truly inclusive of age, gender, ability, and culture, enjoyable by all. Using established data to recognise and target areas of inactivity.
- To establish a culture of care within our clubs to retain participation in a safe and healthy sporting environment. To continue to promote the well-being benefits angling has to our mental and physical health with collaboration and recognition by the relevant agencies.
- To retain a strong and ethical approach to sporting excellence removing cost barriers to participation on the world stage and win medals.
- To achieve endorsement from the government agencies responsible for the collection of licenses and permits, and the venues on which we participate and for their investment to support sustainability in our sport.
The working hours are 37 per week, with flexible arrangements available due to the need for weekend and evening activities. Travel will be involved, and personal transport is required.
Please complete the application form and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 21st of August 2023.