JOB TITLE: Chief Executive
RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary objective of the Chief Executive is to take forward the implementation of the Union’s Strategic Plan and the effective and efficient conduct of the Union’s day-to-day business. A minimum of 5 years significant experience at management level is required.
The Chief Executive will be responsible for:
• The overall strategic and operational management of the Union, in accordance with strategies, policies and plans approved by the Union’s Board
• Leading and inspiring the Union’s existing paid and volunteer workers; recruiting or procuring the recruitment of new employees; giving them direction and leadership toward the achievement of the Union’s objectives
• Representing the Union in Cricket Ireland’s Senior Management group and on other Cricket Ireland committees as required
• Raising the profile of the Union and Northern Knights brand and attracting increasing financial support from commercial sources, statutory agencies, charitable trusts and any other appropriate source which may include, but are not exclusive to membership schemes, affiliation schemes, individual donations or income derived through the hosting of matches
• Making proposals to the Board and/or Directors on organisational arrangements and structures, and any other matter relating to the Union
The Northern Cricket Union will request a disclosure in relation to any successful applicants via an Enhanced Access NI check.
A detailed Job Description and further details on the application process can be downloaded from www.northerncricketunioncricket.org
Shortlisting will be undertaken using only the information that is provided at the time of application. Applicants should forward a detailed letter of application demonstrating clearly how they meet each of the requirements (with details of relevant achievements where appropriate) and a full CV (including current salary level)
Completed applications should be sent to the NCU General Secretary, Bryan Milford: Email: email@example.com or Mail: FAO – Bryan Milford, NCU General Secretary, 181 Belvoir Drive, Belfast BT8 7DS. Please mark the subject of your email/mail “Chief Executive”
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 12:00 midday on Monday 4th October 2021. Preliminary interviews will take place in towards the end of October 2021.