The Leadership Convention is the Sport and Recreation Alliance’s flagship event, bringing together sport leaders from right across the sport and recreation sector.
The 2014 Convention will take place at the Queens Hotel in Leeds on 12 and 13 November. This year’s theme is Leading the Future.
Aimed at chief executives and chairs of sport and recreation organisations, the Leadership Convention will focus on what leaders and organisations may look like in the future, the type of skills needed to succeed, and how to deal with the ever increasing pace of change.
The Convention will have its usual mix of quality keynotes and interactive workshops. Our keynote speakers have been confirmed as:
- Maneesh Juneja, a health futurist and regular TEDx speaker, who will look at what sport might deliver for the health sector in the future and how data and technology could drive participation.
- Chris Moon, will talk about limitations and how to overcome them. Chris has experienced surviving no win situations like being held prisoner by one of the most brutal guerrilla armies in history, being blown up in a remote minefield in East Africa and surviving against all odds. Then he completed his first marathon less than a year after leaving hospital, the world’s first amputee ultra-marathon runner.
- Yvonne Sell, is the head of the UK & Ireland leadership and talent practice at the Hay Group, and has considerable experience of helping leaders to improve their organisations’ performance and results.
Our workshops will focus on:
- Keeping talent in your organisation
- Creating values-driven engagement
- What do the leaders of 2030 look like?
- Coaching your board for maximum effectiveness.
To find out more about the Leadership Convention contact the events team.