Who we can support
Any organisation delivering sport and physical recreation can apply to our fund if experiencing short term financial hardship.
These organisations include:
- National Governing Body of Sport (based in NI)
- Constituted local sports clubs affiliated to a Governing Body of Sport recognised by Sport NI
- Community & Voluntary sector organisations that deliver or enable sport and/or physical recreation. Sports and Activities must be recognised by Sport NI.
- Small charitable trusts that do not qualify for financial help elsewhere. Sports and Activities must be recognised by Sport NI.
What we’ll fund
The fund has been developed to help sport and physical recreation organisations meet their obligations, in particular fixed costs, which are no longer supported with revenue as a result of coronavirus. This might cover expenditure on:
- Utility costs
- Essential ground maintenance
How much we’ll fund
Each successful applicant will receive £2,000 for costs incurred from 1st April 2020.
Where to apply
Please click here to read the programme guidance note and to begin an online application for the financial support fund.
The fund is only open to new applicants. Organisations should not apply if they have:
- Already received a grant through the Sports Hardship Fund;
- Been unsuccessful with an application to the Sports Hardship Fund; or
- Received grant funding through the Department for Economy Retail Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Grant (£25k).
To apply for the Sports Hardship fund, please click here
This fund will close for completed applications at 12 noon on Wednesday 5th August 2020.
Help and Advice
If you need help or if you have any questions please contact:
Angharad Bunt 078 1018 3023
Conleth Donnelly 079 6724 0549