The Female Sports Forum – Active, Fit & Sporty Awards
Active, Fit and Sporty Project
The Active, Fit and Sporty Project aims to work strategically with a wide range of partners and key stakeholders to raise the profile of women and girls in sport and physical activity in four key areas. The four key areas were; media (increasing the visibility of female success), leadership (driving cultural change to involve more females in leadership roles), role models (inspiring role models can have a significant impact on participation) and research and evaluation (providing an evidence base to support extending the reach of sport and physical activity).
The Active, Fit and Sporty project has developed female focused campaigns and programmes in these four areas to drive an increase in participation rates of women and girls across Northern Ireland.
The object of the awards programme is to celebrate the role of the Active, Fit and Sporty project in raising awareness of participation opportunities across Northern Ireland and to honour individuals and teams who have contributed to this.
This award will be presented to an individual (male or female) or institution who has greatly contributed to research in female sport and physical activity. This offers a wide scope for research from participation, high level sport, governance, education, physiology and leadership.
This award will be presented to an individual (male or female) at any level within the community, school or sport, who by their exemplary actions and attitudes will have inspired and encouraged females of any age to participate in sport.
Presented to an individual (male or female) or group who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and made a significant contribution to the advancement of women through achievements in sports.
This category is looking for the best and most innovative approaches to promotion or development of girls’ and women’s sport. It offers a wide scope for nominees from a social media campaign to an event that was innovative in its delivery or a project focussing on getting more girls and women active and through this raise the profile of women and girls in sport.
This award is open to all schools who recognise and deliver a programme that helps to encourage their female students to participate and enjoy sport physical and activity.
Community Sport Champion
The Community Sport Champion Award will be presented to a club or community group who through their tireless work within the community have supported and enabled women of all ages to participate in sport and physical activity on a regular basis.
National Governing Body Champion
The National Governing Body Champion Award will be presented to a national governing body who through their tireless work within their sport have supported and enabled women of all ages to participate on a regular basis.
This award will be presented to a female, aged 11 to 18, who by their exemplary actions is leading to get their peers more active, and enjoying PE, sport and physical activity.
This award will be presented to a male who has actively supported and/ or encouraged participation or promotion of female sport and physical activity.
- You may not nominate yourself for an award.
- Nominations can come from projects and events from 2015 to 2019.
- Individuals being nominated should be informed by the nominator. Contact details for the nominated individual must be provided.
- Before receiving an award, each nominee will be required to sign a waiver form granting the Awards organisers together with any Award Sponsor the right to the use of his/her name, likeness or photograph without compensation in any publicity or for promotional purposes carried out.
When evaluating the candidates, the Selection Committee will consider the following:
- Impact on the club or group or individual
- Impact on the community
- Impact on the sport
- Overall merit
- Other qualities
- Applications open on Monday 20th January
- Applications close on Friday 7th February
- Shortlisted nominees to be contacted by Monday 17th February
How to Nominate
- Complete the form which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
- Nominees will be profiled only by the completion of this form. Please do not send any additional information at this stage as such material cannot be considered by the Selection Committee.
- All applications will be considered by the Selection Committee to identify a winner for each award.
- There will be an awards ceremony held on Wednesday 4th March 2020 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Belfast from 6:15pm to 9:30pm.
- The successful candidates will each receive a special commemorative award.
Nomination form: Nomination Form
Nomination guidelines: Nomination Guidelines
Award categories: Awards
Please send completed nomination forms to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 7th February.
By entering a nomination into the Active, Fit and Sporty Awards, you consent to being contacted by Female Sports Forum. Furthermore, by nominating an individual you consent on their behalf to that individual being contacted in relation to the awards process by the Female Sports Forum.
Contact details will not be processed for marketing purpose and will only be used for contact in relation to the awards themselves. However, award winners will be asked take part in limited marketing/promotional activity prior to the awards.