NISF is embarking on an exciting initiative aimed at strengthening the boards and committees of our member organisations who include organisations such as Ulster Rugby, Ulster Hockey, IABA, RYANI, Ulster Tennis, NI Commonwealth Games Council and Athletics NI. We are launching a mass board recruitment programme aimed at developing a database of individuals who may be interested in joining the board of one of our member organisations.
What skills are we looking for?
- Secretarial & Administrative
- Public Affairs
- Human Resources
- Communications & Marketing
- Business Development
How it Works
- Individuals who would like to/be willing to join a sports organisation board complete an ‘Expression of Interest Form’.
- Member organisations will outline their recruitment requirements based on any skills gaps that they face.
- NISF will analyse expressions of interests from applicants and match potential skills gaps from member organisations.
- NISF will discuss possible organisations with applicants to see if this is an organisation they would potentially like to join.
- NISF will then arrange an informal meeting between the organisation and the applicant.
- NISF will take feedback from both parties and discuss any further arrangements if required.
Check out this video with Archery NI where Chairperson Marc Scott outlines how successful engaging in the programme was from their perspective whilst Eilish Ward who joined Archery NI through the process gives her perspective on how she found engaging in the recruitment programme.
Interested parties are asked to return their Expression of Interest Form which can be found below alongside a cover letter to:
Ciaran Kearney, Executive Manager – Email: email@example.com
or post to – NI Sports Forum, House of Sport, 2A Upper Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 5LA
Applicant’s details will be retained for a period of two years and will be only given to member organisations with the applicants own consent. The database will be managed solely by the NI Sports Forum Executive Manager.