As part of the Department for Communities Job Start Scheme, the NI Sports Forum is recruiting for a Membership Support Officer. Through the scheme, the successful candidate will undertake a 6 month role working 25 hours per week.
JobStart is a new scheme, run by the Department for Communities, to help young people who are at risk of long term unemployment, aged 16 – 24 years, get into the job market by offering six month job opportunities with a range of employers, in all sectors across Northern Ireland.
To find out more about the Job Start Scheme visit HERE
- To provide administration support to the Northern Ireland Sports Forum team.
- Proactively promoting to and effectively fielding enquiries/queries from members and the wider sporting community, in relation to current projects, events and initiatives.
- Maintaining databases and records, and where required, generating reports/providing information in relation to development activities.
- Supporting meetings/training/event preparation and administration e.g. inviting attendees, minute taking, booking venues/facilities.
- Processing of Access NI applications from member organisations.
- Develop new and existing relationships with a range of organisations and potential members.
- Engage with NI Sports Forum corporate partners to provide engagement opportunities with members.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Have a working knowledge of IT systems e.g. MS Office, along with competent typing and administration skills.
- Have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment.
- An interest in sport and physical recreation is desired, but not essential.
- A third level qualification in a relevant area would be desirable
- Access to transport would be desirable
JOBSTART IS OPEN TO 16-24 YEAR OLDS. If you are on UC contact your Work Coach via your Journal. If you are in receipt of JSA, IS or ESA phone a Work Coach on 0300 200 7807. If you are 18-24 years and not in receipt of benefits phone 0300 200 7807.