E very Body Active 2020
Permanent Club Development Coach
Part-time post (estimated 15 hours per week but may vary)
Salary: £9.17 per hour
Due to our successful funding application in Belfast City Council’s Every Body Active programme, Basketball Northern Ireland has a permanent vacancy for an experienced basketball coach. The appointment is to last until March 2020, subject to funding availability. Reporting to representatives of the Board of Basketball Northern Ireland, the successful candidate will operate in the Belfast City Council area focusing on the Everybody Active programme by providing coaching for the project.
BNI needs to deliver coaching in several primary and post primary schools over the next three years with the aim of developing two new clubs in the Belfast area. The successful applicants will have to be willing to work in several schools across the city and to be available during school hours and, in later stages, some evening hours will be required. Coaches will also be required to participate in associated basketball camps and promotional sessions. Reports on numbers coached must be submitted.
School coaching sessions are expected to commence in early October. Applicants will need to be available to work from this date. Other camps and events will run throughout the year. If a successful applicant wishes to start earlier that may be possible.
Interviews will be held in early October. One part of the interview will be a practical coaching session which will assess applicant’s coaching and interpersonal skills with a group of children similar to those engaged on the EBA programme.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Coaching young children, many of whom have little or no knowledge of basketball, in the fundamental skills of the game
- Coaching players who have may differing degrees of disability
- Co-ordinating activities with Basketball NI’s development committee
- Developing a new basketball club based around one of the participating schools.
- Coaching and assisting at Belfast City Council and BNI events as required
- Collecting data on participation and providing reports as required
Please submit completed forms to the BNI office by 12pm on 28th September 2017.
Basketball Northern Ireland
House of Sport
2a Upper Malone Road
Belfast BT9 5LA
We are an equal opportunity employer.