Job Title: Coach
Salary: To be confirmed
Hours: minimum 20 hours per week
Commencement: As soon as available
Introduction: Deliver high quality Gymnastics coaching sessions within our performance squad programme.
Job Summary and Duties
1. Responsible for coaching the development squad gymnasts at Salto Gymnastics Centre and to deliver a high-quality service in a professional, confident and safe manner in accordance with Salto Gymnastics policies and procedures.
2. Help prepare the Squad gymnasts for competitions and accompany them to competitions when required.
3. Accompany the gymnasts to GNI and GI squad training sessions when required which will involve travel throughout Ireland.
4. To assist with recommending and writing programmes for all squad gymnasts.
5. To comply with safe working practices laid down by FIG and the Northern Ireland Health and Safety Act.
6. To attend coaches’ meetings as required.
The above list is not regarded as exclusive or exhaustive, as there may be other duties and requirements, which the incumbent may be required to perform from time to time, in consultation with the club’s management team.
Knowledge, Experience and Person Profile
1. Hold a level 2 or above coaching qualification, preferably MAG discipline.
2. To have experience of working with and delivering sessions to children and young people.
3. To have experience of planning gymnastics activity sessions.
4. An understanding of Equality and diversity.
5. An understanding of Health and Safety and able to undertake risk assessments and dynamic risk assessments.
6. Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
7. Enthusiastic, motivated & trustworthy.
8. Able to work your own initiative and within a team.
9. A good level of written and spoken English.
10. An understanding of safeguarding practice and policy and have a current valid Disclosure or CRB and safeguarding certificate. To make an application please forward your CV to email@example.com and in return we will forward an application form to you via email.
Closing date for applications is Monday 27th March 2023 with an expected start date as soon as possible.