The role will require the individual to work in partnership with clubs and other delivery partners, volunteers and local organisations to lead on the implementation and delivery of local initiatives that will improve and sustain operations, support their workforce and create capacity to enable participation growth within the sport. The overall purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the Northern Ireland Strategy through contributing to and informing strategic thinking and planning.
This position is funded by the National Lottery through Sport Northern Ireland’s Active Clubs programme
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Work with the Northern Ireland Manager to deliver support to clubs and partners in line with the Northern Ireland Strategy
- Lead on the implementation and delivery of new programmes and initiatives aimed at growing capacity, supporting workforce, and improving and sustaining participation e.g. Business Support, Satellite Clubs
- Lead on the development of delivery plans to grow capacity and participation in Northern Ireland
- Build strong, positive relationships with internal and external partners who contribute towards the delivery plan.
- Ensure alignment across other work areas and with external partners to maximise participation growth and other opportunities, including coordinating and contributing to internal and external working groups
- Further details can be found in the Role Profile
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
- An in-depth knowledge of gymnastics activities within the Area and be hands-on in facilitating and delivering key initiatives and projects
- Be able to demonstrate a broad range of skills including communication/interpersonal skills for meetings, training sessions and relationship building
- Have competent administration/IT skills for correspondence, funding applications, presentations, budgetary management etc.
- Possess a broad knowledge of gymnastics and its disciplines/pathways, regional/national structure etc.
- Have sport development experience or a relevant qualification in Sport Studies/Development
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car for work
- The successful candidate must also live in Northern Ireland or be willing to relocate to the area
37 hours per week on a fixed term contract until March 2021
£21,000 – £28,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
+ pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Please note appointment to this post will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check without Barring List
To apply for this post please complete and return an Application Form along with a copy of your CV and Equality Monitoring Form. To download an Application Form please visit www.british-gymnastics.org
Completed applications are to be returned by post or email to British Gymnastics, HR Department, Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire TF10 9NB
Tel: 0345 129 7 129 ext 2398
Closing date for applications: midnight on Monday, 11th December 2017
Interview date: Monday, 18th December 2017, Interviews will be held in Belfast
Unfortunately, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.