Please be aware Building Better Sports Facilities programme closes for applications at NOON (12pm) on Monday 4th October 2021.
Should you require any clarification regarding your application please contact: BuildingBetterSportsFacilities@sportni.net
The Building Better Sports Facilities programme will invest in all aspects of a sports facility’s infrastructure with a view to improving operational efficiency leading to increased participation capacity.
A sport’s facilities is seen as the “entire core capital, ancillary and fixed equipment requirements to run the facility”.
The overall aim of the programme is to contribute towards the delivery of increased, inclusive and safe sustained participation in sport and physical recreation by meeting the following aims;
- To contribute to the modernisation of sports facilities across Northern Ireland;
- To respond to health and safety needs of sports facilities, including building resilience to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- To contribute to improved environmental sustainability of sports facilities across Northern Ireland;
- To contribute to improved access & inclusion at sports facilities with a particular focus on women/girls and people with a disability;
- To respond to facility improvement needs identified by sports as part of Sport Northern Ireland’s COVID-19 Engagement Survey (2020), through return to sport queries and other Sport Northern Ireland insights.
While Sport NI has traditionally focused on investing in the actual playing facility e.g. pitch, hall, wicket, court etc. Recent research has identified a need to take a more holistic approach to sports infrastructure development. This holistic approach would include the development of changing rooms, toilets, carparks, pathway and ancillary facilities that benefit all users of the facility.
What organisations are eligible to apply?
The following organisations who either own or operate their own sports facilities*
- Sports clubs (affiliated to an Sport Northern Ireland recognised governing body of sport); and
- Community sports organisations.
Is there any information or guidance?
If you require any clarification regarding the information provided in these guidance notes or advice/guidance concerning the questions within the application you can contact: BuildingBetterSportsFacilities@sportni.net
What is the application process?
This fund will close for completed applications at Noon (12pm), Monday 4th October 2021.
Have a question?
Please click here for a list of frequently asked questions. If your question is not answered please email: BuildingBetterSportsFacilities@sportni.net