Access for All Stream
This stream supports all non-EA registered voluntary and community organisations in Northern Ireland who work with children and young people aged between 4-25 year olds in an informal setting to re-connect, re-energise and re-engage children and young people throughout the summer months.
One off funding to be used during summer months (1st July to 31st August 2021 only)
Bumper camps can apply for funding up to £25,000 per camp.
Minimum 200 children and young people
5 hours per day for a minimum of 5 days consecutively
Mini camps can apply for funding up to £10,000 per camp.
Minimum of 20 and up to 200 children and young people
5 hours per day for a minimum of 3 days consecutive
All funding will be based on:
- Assessed need as identified through application
- Strength based approaches to youth work and the development of programmes that will encourage young people to reconnect, reenergise and reengage over the summer period.
Programmes should have a particular focus on the NI Mental Health Champion’s key recommendations:
- A physical activity programme that ensures that children and young people engage in a minimum amount of moderate to intense physical activity, with a focus on outdoors (1 hour daily)
- Healthy balanced meals and snacks
- Creative pursuits, including options for music, drama and art/ crafts
- Celebrations which involve parents and others within the community, to promote self-esteem and hope