The aim of the conference is to inspire and equip attendees to develop female leaders within their sports, organisations, clubs, committees and communities. It will attract a range of attendees from across the sport sector in Northern Ireland and will include two high profile keynote speakers in Baroness Sue Campbell CBE (Chair Youth Sport Trust, Head of Women’s FA) and Maggie Alphonsi MBE (former England Rugby International and 2014 World Cup Winner ).
Active Fit and Sporty: Developing Future Female Leaders in Sport
Date: Wednesday 29th March
Time: 9.00-4.00 pm
Venue: Park Avenue Hotel, Belfast
Where have all the girls gone?
Find out how to combat young female dropout rates by developing female leaders in coaching.
Section 1 – Marie Murphy (Ulster University)
- Evidence / Statistics
Section 2 – Judith Hinds
- Overview of the flight peer coaching leadership programme
- Challenges within the programme
- Personal account from a participant
Lead the way in funding and partnership working
Tips and advice to improve your fundraising game and develop partnerships
Section 1 – Conleath Donnelly (Sport NI)
- What makes a good project and how to write a good application
Section 2 – Lynn Kennedy (NICVA)
- Diversified income
- What opportunities are available at present, what support/training is available to develop fundraising skills
- How creating networks and partnerships can be useful
You’ve got Followers
A Masterclass in making Social Media work for your organisation
Section 1 – Steven Mills (NIFL)
- How to raise your profile
- How to better engage with your followers
- How to extend your reach
- How to ensure equality when portraying female athletes/ use of imagery, etc.
Section 2 -Lisa Mc Cafferty (RYANI)
- Practical, real examples of creative social media use (in a sporting context).
Fighting gender inequality with a black belt
Hear a personal account of how to face challenges and break down gender barriers from Dr Lisa Bradley (Judo current world masters champion and 2002 commonwealth silver medalist)
- Personal story
- Inequality in sport and how to challenge it
- Barriers that exist and how to overcome these
- Where to get support to deal with inequality issues in sport
Purchase tickets here: nisf.azolve.com/workbench/public/events