Outdoor Recreation NI has recently been engaged by Mid Ulster Council to develop a Parks and Play Strategy and an Outdoor Recreation Strategy for the Mid Ulster area.
It is well known that attractive, safe and accessible parks and outdoor spaces such as forests, rivers, and the uplands, deliver a wide range of social, economic and environmental benefits in addition to improving the health and well-being of those participating in play and outdoor recreation activities. They therefore make important contributions to our overall quality of life.
The Strategic Plans will provide direction for the Council in managing and developing parks and play facilities, programs, infrastructure, resources and investment over the next three year period that reflects the Corporate Priorities of the Council and also the needs of the community.
In order to develop the Strategies, Outdoor Recreation NI is holding a series of public consultation events in the Councils 7 District Electoral Areas, to which all members of the local community are invited to attend. The events will assist in gathering the views and opinions on the current play and outdoor recreation facilities and service provision in the area and the opportunities for development over the next three years.
Dates for the public consultation meetings are as follows, please do come along to a meeting closest to you.
- CARNTOGHER: 31 JANUARY 2017, 7.00pm-8.30pm @ MAGHERA LEISURE CENTRE
- MOYOLA: 31 JANUARY 2017, 7.00pm-8.30pm @ SEAMUS HEANEY HOMEPLACE
- DUNGANNON: 2 FEBRUARY 2017, 7.00pm-8.30pm @ DUNGANNON PARK
- TORRENT: 2 FEBRUARY 2017, 7.00pm-8.30pm @ CORNMILL CENTRE COALISLAND
- CLOGHER VALLEY: 6 FEBRUARY 2017, 7.00pm-8.30pm @ BALLYGAWLEY BADA COMMUNITY HALL
- MAGHERAFELT: 8 FEBRUARY 2017, 7.00pm-8.30pm @ MEADOWBANK SPORTS ARENA (UPSTAIRS COMMITTEE ROOM
In advance of the public consultations, please complete a short survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Mid-Ulster for your chance to WIN £100 Marks & Spencer gift card (Please note the survey is targeted at those living in Mid Ulster. Closing date for completed surveys is 12/02/2017 @ 11.59pm T&C’s apply)