Job Title: Female Sports Forum Inclusive Participation Officer
Salary: £20,000 gross per annum plus pension contribution
Duration: 3 years fixed term, extension subject to funding
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to: Executive Manager of the NI Sports Forum
The NI Sports Forum is a voluntary association whose membership consists of 70+ Full Members and 25+ Associate Members. We are the recognised umbrella organisation for the voluntary sector of sport in Northern Ireland and act as the “Independent Voice of Voluntary Sport in Northern Ireland”.
The appointment of the Female Sports Forum Inclusive Participation role holder is a key appointment for the NI Sports Forum in achieving our purpose to guide, support and empower our members to develop inclusive participation in sport and physical activity in Northern Ireland.
The role will operate within the Female Sports Forum, a sub-committee within the NI Sports Forum. It’s aim is to raise the profile of female sport and create a better sporting experience for all women and girls at whatever level or ability across Northern Ireland.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- To further the implementation of the NI Sports Forum Strategic Plan 2020-2024 and assist the Executive Manager with measures to increase inclusion across the Forum and its member bodies. This will include administrative and finance related duties.
- To contribute to the aims and objectives set out within the Female Sports Forum, including the Women and Girls: Active, Fit and Sporty initiative.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships with relevant organisations in Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland in order to further develop equality, diversity, inclusion (EDI) and good relations through participation.
- To support the development and implementation of equality and inclusivity strategies within member organisations.
- Work in partnership with member bodies and other agencies to build the capacity of members and the wider sporting sector in Northern Ireland.
- Represent the NI Sports Forum and Female Sports Forum on relevant organisations and groups as agreed by the Executive Manager.
- To support volunteer development in member bodies to progress equality, diversity and inclusion by under represented groups on management and executive committees, with a particular focus on female leaders, and an EDI network.
The successful candidate should have demonstrable potential to develop positive partnerships with a wide variety of stakeholders. Experience of motivating, leading and developing inclusion in a sporting environment is desirable.
Enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and an inclusive communication style are key requirements. Experience of having volunteered within a sporting organisation is desirable but not essential.
To apply or register your interest for this role, please send your CV together with a formal letter of application outlining your suitability and match to the requirements to our Executive Manager via email) titled Female Sports Forum Inclusive Participation Officer application to email@example.com no later than Monday 18th July at 12 noon.
Details of criteria and how to apply can be found on the Personnel Specification.
This job description is not exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of the organisation.