Together: Building a United Community (TBUC) is the Executive’s strategy for good relations. It is based on four key priorities aimed at building on the progress that has already been made in our community over recent years:
- Our children and young people;
- Our shared community;
- Our safe community; and
- Our cultural expression.
TBUC also identifies seven Headline Actions. One of these is the commitment to develop a Summer Camps Pilot Programme, consisting of 100 Summer Camps for young people, starting from summer 2015.
The camps will be delivered across Northern Ireland. They will be open to young people aged 11 to 19 years. The ultimate goal of the Summer Camps is to build positive relationships across what have become divided parts of our community. They are about challenging historic positions, encouraging debate and discussion and providing a way for young people to get to know each other, try new experiences, have fun and help to build longer term relationships.
Applications to deliver a Summer Camp are invited from registered voluntary youth organisations and statutory youth organisations or bona fide voluntary and community organisations (this includes churches, sports groups, arts groups etc.) schools, regional organisations and Councils that have experience in working with young people.
The Summer Camp Programme 2015 is now open for applications and will close at 3pm on 8 May 2015. There are two types of funding available:
- Strand 1: Minimum of 20 participants from diverse backgrounds. The maximum award will be £6,000.
- Strand 2: Minimum of 60 participants from diverse backgrounds. The maximum award will be £20,000.
Further details about the Summer Camp Pilot Programme including the criteria for the two strands of funding, expected outcomes and eligibility can be found in the Guidance Notes which can be downloaded below.
Successful applicants under the 2015 Funding Programme will be required to deliver projects by 31 December 2015
How to apply
The Guidance Notes, Application Form (MS Word and PDF versions) are available to download below. Details on where completed forms should be sent are marked clearly on the front of each Application form:
- 2015 Summer Camps Programme: Pilot phase – Guidance (PDF 155KB)
- 2015 Summer Camps Programme – Strand 1 Application for Funding (MS Word 994KB)
- 2015 Summer Camps Programme – Strand 2 Application for Funding (MS Word 996KB)
Hard copies may be obtained as follows:
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By telephone: 028 9052 3182.