The Irish FA Foundation
Trustee Vacancies at the Irish FA Foundation (NI registered charity number: 106229)
The Irish FA Foundation is a charitable foundation that was set up in 2016. It funds the charitable work of the Irish Football Association throughout Northern Ireland. The Irish FA Foundation is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. The Foundation aims to fulfil the charitable aims of its parent organisation, the Irish Football Association.
The Irish FA Strategy states the desire to reach beyond the game and build a culture of lifelong participation in football. The Irish FA Foundation has four main aims
- Develop amateur football, youth football, schools football and futsal.
- Advance education by providing work experience and support to educational establishments and extra-curricular groups
- To provide funds and football facilities in areas in areas of economic need with the object of improving circumstances
- To improve the health and wellbeing of people in Northern Ireland through football
An initial board of two trustees has been established and we are keen to build up our capacity to provide more on-going and in-depth support for foundation programmes. We are therefore currently looking to recruit additional trustees to join the board to improve our knowledge and focus on all areas of our activities, as well as contributing more generally across all of the Foundation’s activities.
Skills and experience
The Irish FA Foundation are looking for exceptional individuals who have:
- A strong football background, with a demonstrable interest in the areas of Football For All, Football for Social Responsibility, Girl’s and Disability Football;
- Experience in the analysis of Sports programmes, and the critical examination of project outcomes;
- Experience of contributing to project development;
- Experience of contributing at board level to an organisation;
- Knowledge and experience of charity trusteeship and / or the charitable sector in general.
Duties of the Trustees
- To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To ensure the organisation uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects for the benefit of the public
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation including having appropriate policies and procedures in place
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To protect and manage the assets of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity’s funds
Each trustee is also expected to take on responsibility for liaison with Foundation programmes within their area of expertise and to contribute towards the monitoring and evaluation of programmes on behalf of the Foundation and to report their findings back to the board.
The board of trustees should meet at least four times a year in the National Football Stadium at Windsor Park, arranged to the mutual convenience of all concerned. From time to time, business is also conducted between the trustees by telephone conferencing or email outside of the normal meeting schedule. The position is a voluntary one but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses are paid.
Application process and closing date
The closing date for applications is 4pm on Friday February 22nd 2017.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, or for further enquiries and information, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org .