Job Title: Irish FA/UEFA Academy Football Fitness Coach
Location: Academy Campus
Responsible to: Head of Irish FA/UEFA Academy
Reporting to: Irish FA/UEFA Academy Head Coach
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week any day Monday-Sunday. This role will
include unsociable hours and over night stays.
Role family: Officer
Salary scale: £22-30k
Duration of Post: Permanent
Main purpose of the role: Coordinate the physiological components and related duties of the Irish FA/UEFA Academy/National Player Performance Programme (NPPP).
Main duties and responsibilities:
1) Periodise, plan, deliver and record fitness coaching and analysis for:
(a) All Academy/NPPP, games and training schedules;
(b) Regular reporting on all of these programmes, games and training schedules;
(c) Personal player development plans within the Academy/NPPP;
(d) Curriculum and research support to player/coach development;
(e) Regular and ongoing communication within the Academy/NPPP staff, including
casual staff; and between internal and external stakeholders.
2. Coordinate the GPS data for Academy and NPPP in order to maintain player
fitness and monitor player workload.
3. Coordinate and monitor safeguarding and health and safety protocols and
guidelines (e.g Covid 19) within the Academy/NPPP.
4. Support the Academy Head Coach with timetabling of all technical staff and ensure safeguarding procedures in place.
5. Two overnight residential stays per week involving supervision of players and
6. Adhere to and actively support at all times all company policies, procedures,
processes and working practices, including adhering to best practices.
7. Any other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of the Association.
To apply applicants should use the link below and submit their application online.
The closing date for return of completed applications is 12.00 noon on Tuesday 28 September 2021.