Coach Education Manager
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Cricket Ireland Coach Education Manager will be responsible for setting and delivering a strategy to ensure that there is a sufficient number of qualified and active coaches within Ireland, appropriate to the needs of the game being played at different levels, and ensure the quality, consistency and recognition of coaches nationally. The role will be tasked with creating blended learning environments utilising traditional face to face course delivery and the Cricket
Ireland digital learning platform.
The Coach Education Manager will be required to promote the national coaching pathway, ensuring that it is integrated with the national player pathway and creating a culture for coaching excellence through the provision of high-quality coach development material. The role requires significant liaison with Provincial Unions and will raise the profile of coaching within and beyond the cricket community.
• Participation Department
• Performance Department
• Provincial Union Coach Development
• Provincial Union Game Development
• All Affiliated Clubs
• Sport Northern Ireland
• Sport Ireland
• Understanding of how sports coaching and coaching structures in cricket and other sporting codes both nationally and internationally.
• Proven experience of establishing and delivering an education strategy (in person and via online learning) regionally or nationally.
• Proven experience of developing adult learning curriculum with experience in creating blended learning environments utilising online learning tools.
• At least three to five years knowledge of community sport, sport programming,
development, and coach education (work experience/volunteering).
• Tertiary qualification in Education or Sport or other related discipline.
• Passionate about community sport
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Enthusiastic about the use of technology to enhance learning opportunities and coaching
• Strong administrative skills
• Highly organised and be able to work under pressure, with the ability to multi-task A strong track record of dealing comfortably with senior management, coaches, educators, and key stakeholders in a variety of formal or informal settings
• Excellent time management-skills are required with the ability to work on one’s own and as part of a team
• Willingness to be held accountable and desire to deliver against objectives
• Project manage and support the development of a strategy for the Learning and Management System (LMS) for the coaching workforce
• Manage and support specific development programmes and develop online leaning content
• Ensure the effectiveness of pathways for coaches at all levels of grassroots cricket through to performance level
• Understand and establish aligned grassroots and high-performance coaching approaches
• Facilitate the growth and retention of coaches at all levels
• Ensure the existence of national coach development framework which includes
o A standardized national coaching pathway
o A coach accreditation process with national and regional recognition
o Assessment and reporting
o The ability to monitor and report on national coaching statistics
• Develop and maintain content for coaching framework and develop material for course facilitators at each level of the coaching pathway
• Oversee the national coaching framework and its courses, and ensure high quality delivery across all regions
• Assist the Provincial Unions to ensure best practice administration and delivery of coaching courses
• Develop a network of Club Coach Developers nationally
• Work alongside Provincial Unions to ensure there is sufficient quality and quantity of coaches to meet strategic requirements within provincial and club environments
• Promote and grow the Cricket Ireland Coaches Association (CICA)
• Devise and deliver an annual programme of workshops and seminars covering relevant areas of coaching at all levels for course facilitators and coaches
• Liaise with the Performance Department to ensure consistency in coaching principles and content
• Assist the Performance Department in organising performance coach professional development opportunities and workshops
REMUNERATION AND ROLE LOCATION
• The salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Laptop and mobile phone for Company usage.
• Position tenure: Full-time and fixed term, circa 2 years.
• Position location: CI head office, currently all staff are working from home.
• Annual leave: 26 days
• The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 18th August 2021 at 5pm
• Letters of application and full CVs should be sent by email to email@example.com
and will be confidential. Please highlight where you saw the vacancy.
• Candidates will be contacted as soon after the closing date as practicable. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via Zoom at an agreeable time