Northern Ireland Federation of Shooting Sports (NIFSS) is seeking to appoint an Independent Chairperson to provide leadership and to act as a driving force in the development of the Federation.
NIFSS is the National body established to promote and develop the sport of competitive target shooting within Northern Ireland at National, Commonwealth and International levels, and includes the three shooting disciplines of Clay Target, Smallbore and Fullbore Rifle.
The Chairperson will play a crucial role leading the Federation at a key time in its development where it is about to undertake a strategic planning process which will set its strategic direction for the next 3-5 years.
The Independent Chairperson will have the following attributes:
• Leadership experience, and a strong commitment to organisational development and improvement.
• Experience of Boards / Committees, with the strategic skills and business acumen to drive excellence in governance and board performance.
• The ability to set a positive tone for the business of the Executive Committee, promote participation, and bring impartiality to the chairing of meetings, while ensuring that business is conducted in a timely and effective manner.
• Excellent communications and relationship building skills.
• The ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed through.
The appointment is for an initial term of two years, with the option of reappointment for a further two years (subject to a maximum of four continuous years’ in office). The post is unpaid, but the Federation may reimburse expenses incurred by the postholder while carrying out their duties.
Please note that the Chairperson is required to be independent of NIFSS’s member governing bodies: NISSU, UCPSA and URA, which excludes anyone from simultaneously holding this position and a position on one of these governing bodies.
For further information and details of how to apply please email: email@example.com or phone: 07788 296670. Applications should be returned by 4pm on 30 January 2015.