THE CAMOGIE ASSOCIATION & LADIES GAELIC FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
Part-Time Government Support Scheme Administrator
(Contract for Service)
Government Support for intercounty Ladies Football and Camogie players, distributed through Sport Ireland, is an indicator of the recognition that exists at national level for the contribution of these athletes to their sport and their commitment to play the game at highest level possible.
Equally, this funding acknowledges that support is required to ensure that these players have the opportunity to reach their potential as athletes. Through this Support, the highest grade adult team in each code in each county will be eligible for funding to provide an enhanced playing and training environment for their team.
The Support will have four elements: Injury Prevention and Medical Cover, Maximising Player and Team Performance, Access to Training Facilities and National Administration and Governance.
The Camogie Association and Ladies Gaelic Football Association (LGFA) will receive and account for the funding received from Sport Ireland annually.
To facilitate the communication with counties and logistical distribution of this funding the Ladies Gaelic Football Association and The Camogie Association are looking to fill the position of a Part-Time Government Support Scheme Administrator by Contract for Service with immediate start required.
Reporting to the Chief Executives of LGFA and Camogie, you will be responsible for:
o Initial set up of system for submission of Government Scheme Grants
o Providing general administrative support to the counties in relation to the Government Support Scheme
o Delivering excellent customer service through the management of all queries received in relation to the scheme and ensuring they are directed to the correct area, tracked and resolved efficiently.
o Ensuring that counties submit their grant applications on agreed timescale
o Receiving and processing all applications in relation to the government support scheme
o Liaising with county executives, management teams and player representatives in relation to scheme
o Setting up processes for delivery of payments to counties
o Reporting to Scheme Implementation Group in relation to all elements of the scheme
Successful candidates will have:
· A minimum of three years’ relevant experience in an office environment with a high level of competence in the Microsoft office suite.
· Strong interpersonal and team focused skills and a pleasant telephone manner.
· A high degree of initiative and flexibility as the role requires the management of a diverse number of tasks, which are related to administration issues within and external to the Associations.
· Excellent planning and organisation skills with a strong attention to detail with ideally some experience in project management.
· An innovative approach, looking for opportunities to further develop processes and procedures and the maximisation of IT.
· Ideally have a knowledge or interest in the sports.
A full role description is available here. Applicants are invited to submit their completed application form to Ali Nolan, The Camogie Association, Croke Park, Dublin 3 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Closing date for applications is Friday 13th January 2017.