The Royal Yachting Association is the national governing body for all forms of boating, including dinghy and yacht racing, motor and sail cruising, RIBs and sports boats, powerboat racing, windsurfing, inland cruising and narrowboats, and personal watercraft.
The Royal Yachting Association Northern Ireland (RYANI) acts for the RYA in Northern Ireland.
Regional Development Officer (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking a Regional Development Officer (RDO) to join the RYA Northern Ireland to help increase the regular participation in sailing and windsurfing and to maintain and improve standards of safety, training and volunteer management in Northern Ireland. .
This position is on a Fixed Term Contract to cover a period of maternity leave for an expected duration of 9 – 12 months.
The accountabilities of the post holder will include but are not limited to:
- Representing the RYA within Northern Ireland by promoting the organisation’s inclusive participation, training, race management and coaching programmes & policies.
- Completion of Club and Workforce Audits for existing clubs, Training Centres and other affiliated bodies to identify ongoing development needs and priorities.
- Keeping RYA National leads informed regarding regional issues, insights and challenges. Aligning national priorities with regional needs and circumstances.
- Maintaining and developing a healthy network of sailing clubs, sailing centres and volunteers in the region through promotion and implementation of RYA and SportNI development and training programmes.
- Co-ordination of instructor training and race management in the Region, ensuring sufficient courses are available to meet regional and national needs.
Salary £21,000 – £23,000 pa, 35 hours per week
Range of benefits including pension scheme, free life insurance, 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
To apply please review the job description, person specification and complete an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form. Please note that CV’s will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form.
Should you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 02890 383812.
Closing date for applications: 5th February 2018