The Northern Ireland Sports Forum is supporting the government message to encourage sporting bodies and clubs to ‘TRAIN SMART, PLAY SMART, BE COVID SMART’.
With a number of cluster outbreaks associated with sporting settings, it is important that we all play our part to ensure that we continue to be able to train and to operate our games and competitions.
It is vital that all clubs are aware of, understand and most importantly follow factual government advice and support, including downloading the StopCOVIDNI app.
The links below set out the most up-to-date advice and guidance from the Public Health Agency, Sport NI and the Department for Communities:
We have a collective responsibility to overcome the challenge that is affecting us all. IF WE DON’T ADHERE TO PUBLIC HEATH GUIDANCE OUR SPORT WILL STOP. We want to provide reassurance to that we can continue to participate in sport – providing we adhere to the up-to-date public health guidance:
- Maintain social distancing (2m wherever possible);
- Maintain good hygiene;
- Recognise the importance of ensuring safe travel;
- Wear a face covering where social distancing is difficult to maintain;
- Adhere to all aspects of your Club’s Covid safety plan;
- Ensure that your club activities comply with the regulations set by the NI Executive regarding numbers of participants;
- Raise any issues or concerns regarding the above with your Governing Body;
- Download the StopCOVIDNI app; and
- DO NOT LEAVE HOME IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSE HAS SYMPTOMS.
Covid-19 restrictions have impacted on every thread of society here and we need to work together to ensure we do not undo the immense effort made by everyone to date.