The Irish FA Foundation is recruiting for two (2) Education Officers
REPORTING TO: Football For All Manager
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week. However, the nature of the post will require a high degree of flexibility involving evenings and weekends as dictated by operational requirements of the business.
SALARY: £25,000 per annum
ROLE FAMILY: Officer
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Education Officer will lead the development and delivery of educational programmes for the Irish FA, under the auspices of using football for social responsibility purposes. S/he will work within the Football Development team to fulfil the wider aims and objectives of the Irish FA Group as a whole.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and deliver a Post Primary Education Programme to young people in secondary education.
- Develop and deliver new education programmes targeting young people aged 16-24, with assistance from the Football Development Team, to achieve core objectives set out in the ‘Let Them Play’ strategy.
- Establish links with and contribute to existing Football Development Programmes.
- Develop high quality, professional and effective resources and materials.
- Establish new, or further develop existing, links between secondary schools with local primary schools and/or clubs.
- Develop and deliver educational initiatives to support the development of teachers within the Secondary School setting.
- Deliver coach education awards, diversity and outreach projects when required, in line with the “Let Them Play” strategy.
- Establish and foster links with Education and Library Boards, other organisations in the education sector, clubs and community groups.
- Work closely with other IFA staff to ensure the IFA Youth Strategy is delivered to agreed timescales and service programmes outside the remit of this role when deemed appropriate by the line manager.
- Work with government departments to deliver departmental agendas and where appropriate establish and develop education sector initiatives.
- Attend meetings and workshops, training courses and visit network sites as appropriate.
- Support other Football Development Officers in the delivery of events and competitions when required and when reasonable.
- Proactively participate in training and development opportunities, staff performance appraisals and reviews as required.
- Service the Irish Football Association’s policies in line with its development plans.
- To fully support and promote the ethos and values of Football for All.
- Adhere to and actively support at all times all company policies, procedures, processes and working practices, including adhering to best practice.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
The closing date for online application forms is 12noon on 10 Sept 2021.
Applicants must complete an online application via this link: https://irishfa.getgotjobs.co.uk/registerJob/483a9d73-76bb-4ad6-93b7-e0638fed57f4