The Federation of Irish Sport is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Commercial & Business Services Manager. The Federation is the representative body for Ireland’s National Governing Bodies of Sport and Local Sports Partnerships. This is a key appointment for the Federation and will suit someone who is highly motivated and ambitious. Membership of the Federation is currently comprised of 110 different sporting organisations. The vision of the Federation is to provide a dynamic and effective voice for Irish Sport promoting the value of sport to Ireland while providing outstanding representation and services to members. There is considerable scope within this role to lead in the development of relationships with partners and members.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a copy of your CV outlining your qualifications and experience, and a covering letter outlining your suitability and match to the requirements for the role along with the names of two referees. Please note references will not be checked without permission.
Please submit your application electronically to:
Mary O’ Connor, CEO, Federation of Irish Sport, email@example.com
Closing date: Applications to be received no later than 12 noon on Friday August 20th, 2021.
Interviews: Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on Tuesday August 31st
Salary: Remuneration will be dependent on qualifications and experience
Contract Type: Three Years fixed-term full-time and a six months’ probationary period
Base Location: The role will be primarily based at the Federation of Irish Sport Head Office, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. The Federation will also consider offering a blended approach to remote working, subject to the needs of the organisation.
Driving Licence/Car: Due to travel involved a clean current full driving licence and own car is essential.
Vetting: Garda Vetting will also apply
Federation of Irish Sport is an equal opportunities employer, and all applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
|Role||The Commercial & Business Services Manager will work directly with the Chief Executive Officer in the development and delivery of value services for the Federation’s members in addition to revenue generation opportunities for the Federation.|
The Commercial & Business Services Manager will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer
Key responsibilities of the Commercial & Business Services Manager will include:
· Support the CEO in the delivery of the Federation Strategic/Operational plan.
· Manage the development of all the Federation’s business partnerships, both existing and new.
· Identify new revenue streams for partnerships directly and with the support of any third-party sales agent/agency retained by the Federation of Irish Sport
· Plan and manage the delivery of Federation events such as the Annual Conference, Sport Industry Awards and Volunteer in Sport Awards Ensure that all Federation of Irish Sport projects are delivered on time and within budget
· Strategic support of and executional ownership of communications and public relationship plan for the Federation of Irish Sport
· Lead on the management of relationships with member organisations and the
provision of services
· Management of monthly finance reporting with external accountant, CEO, and treasurer to ensure accuracy of information and successful monitoring against annual budget on a month-by-month basis.
· Day to day operational management of FIS activities including process improvements and innovations for managing, monitoring, and reporting on activities including finance, events and SDSI.
· Administration of SDSI cases together with the on-going development of SDSI and servicing of the Board SDSI
· Undertake any other assignments as may reasonably be requested by the Chief
|Selection Criteria including qualifications, knowledge and experience, and skills and attributes||Essential||Desirable|
|Educated to Degree level with at least three years of relevant experience or at least eight years relevant industry experience||Y|
|Knowledge and Experience|
|Previous experience of working within an office environment||Y|
|Proven track record of delivering revenue growth in a business environment||Y|
|Previous experience in a managerial position||Y|
|Experience of managing multiple projects at once||Y|
|Experience of delivering projects on time and within budget||Y|
|Experience of working as part of a team||Y|
|Proven track record in a hands-on operational role||Y|
|Experience in a sport and recreation environment||Y|
|Skills and attributes|
|Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a range of personnel and build relationships||Y|
|Comprehensive presentation, literacy, numeric and IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database)||Y|
|Excellent initiative and organisational skills||Y|
|Strong business acumen||Y|
|Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual||Y|
|Ability to report effectively||Y|
|Ability to communicate effectively in English||Y|
|Willingness to work unsocial hours||Y|