JOB TITLE: Finance Manager
LOCATION: National Football Stadium at Windsor Park
REPORTS TO: Finance Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Finance department of 5
SALARY: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure all financial processing activities are effectively and efficiently carried out with full responsibility for all compliance, procedural and system control matters.
- Manage the preparation of monthly management accounts in accordance with group policies and agreed deadlines.
- Review of all balance sheet accounts and reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Generate and monitor appropriate key performance indicators generating insights and creating an effective link between information and decision making.
- Lead the preparation and completion of the annual budget process and update the rolling group forecast on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of statutory year end accounts and audit files for all companies within the IFA Group, and to liaise with auditors to ensure a smooth year end process in line with the agreed timetables.
- Ensure that supplier statements are reconciled monthly and that all liabilities are accurately and completely recorded in the month end accruals process.
- Preparation of the monthly cashflow statement including the rolling 12-month cashflow forecast.
- Monitor, reconcile and audit the group’s investments and fixed assets.
- Purchase and manage foreign exchange forward hedging contracts to ensure compliance with the group’s foreign exchange policy.
- Complete accurate month end bookkeeping postings to reflect the required accounting treatment of all foreign exchange forward hedge contracts.
- Regularly consider and decide on the amount and duration of money desk deposits for surplus cash balances.
- Actively optimise the group’s working capital by maintaining tight credit control on debtors while extracting maximum credit days from suppliers
Control & Compliance:
- Review and co-ordinate the group’s corporation tax position and compliance
- Maintain & implement financial controls in line with agreed practice for the group.
- Responsible for financial governance including risk management and compliance.
- Lead role in ensuring compliance with FIFA and UEFA financial obligations.
- Updating policies and documentation around key areas of accounting judgement and financial control
- To develop SOP’s and policies for all areas impacted by finance.
- Continual review of processes to identify non-value-added work and efficiency opportunities to ensure optimum team effectiveness and focus on value added work.
- Ensure that all intercompany balances are full reconciled and agreed at each month end.
- Direct responsibility for managing the finance team including completion of annual appraisals and performance reviews along with regular objective setting.
- Effective leadership in a challenging and busy environment including a track record of innovation and process improvements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership mind-set to ensure the constant development of financial capabilities within the finance team and in the whole organisation.
- To act as a mentor and educator to all team members and to provide sufficient internal and external training opportunities as required.
- Ensure strong cross functional relationships through business partnering with all departments.
- Review of monthly departmental costs with the relevant department managers, to generate and monitor key performance indicators and provide explanations of significant variances.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the group and influence decisions to improve financial sustainability, develop business acumen, commercial awareness and to act as a strategic business partner.
- Dealing with ad hoc projects and queries to improve productivity and efficiency of the group.
- Actively participate in identifying areas for potential cost savings
- Liaise with external bodies, including banks, internal and external auditors and government agencies, as required.
- Represent finance at meetings of our operational departments throughout the group.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of revenue invoicing for the group.
- Management, tracking and invoicing of supplier rebates due.
- Maintain full reconciliation of all balances due to and from Ticketmaster while ensuring that sufficient liabilities are recognised for commission and other charges.
- Lead the development of our accounting system and manage the ongoing relationship with our ERP system provider.
- Actively participate in the introduction of software systems and electronic on-line tools that will bring efficiency and advantage to the group.
- Be fully aware of the need to safeguard sensitive information, so that IFA customers, suppliers and stakeholders perceive the Association to be a trustworthy brand.
- Perform the job in accordance with the company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policy and Procedure.
- Adhere to and actively support at all times all other company policies, procedures, processes and working practices, including adhering to best practice.
- Proactively participate in training and development opportunities.
- Perform any other duties as may reasonably be required from time-to-time.
- Qualified Accountant and a member of a recognised professional accountancy body
(CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with at least 3 years post qualified experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate commercial focus and knowledge.
- High level of proficiency in the use of computer applications in particular MS Excel
- Must have previous experience managing people and can work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem-solving acumen with emphasis on attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Must be articulate with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to pick up complex ideas and learn new skills quickly.
- A general understanding of local Northern Ireland football structures and an understanding of how the sport is funded.
The Irish Football Association is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made on the basis of merit.